Sunday, October 31, 2010

Everything Can Change

One of my favorite sights at has always been driving into a brilliant sunrise or a spectacular sunset.  As I drove eastward over the north bridge at day break this morning, the radiant sunrise flooded the morning sky and filled me with awe.  The beauty of God's creation never ceases to amaze me!  In that moment I also became aware of Ben Walther singing "Everything Can Change" over my car stereo.  The reality of my situation hit me, and I instantly felt loved, humbled, frightened, and excited.


You see, my experiences in the last two years have been... unexpected.  The "real world", both personally and professionally, is not what my education and socialization prepared me for.  Don't get me wrong - much in my life has been extremely wonderful, but of course there have been bumps along the way.  It wouldn't be life without the bumps, right?  Regardless, I am ready for a change.  I am ready to live a life of consequence.


Upon celebrating my 25th birthday in September, my sister expressed her belief that 25 will be my year.  Litte did we know that a few weeks later I'd be chosen to work in London for a month!  So here I sit, preparing to spend the  month of November in England.  My flight departs in exactly eight hours.

I am humbled, frightened, and excited for this opportunity.  It is certain to be a trip unlike any other I've experienced!  I will miss you all terribly and I look forward to our reunion :)  Thank you for your love and support!! 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy this time, not only in London, but in your life! Also, because I am taking a history class where we are talking about FDR, I'll give you a quote (ok & because I love quotes) -You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. - Eleanor Roosevelt

    ReplyDelete